Monday, January 17, 2011

New York New York

Concrete jungle where things are made, oh..
There's nothing you can't do,
now you're in New York...
These streets will make you feel brand new
Big lights will inspire you,
Lets hear it for New York..

I echo that, lets hear it for New York! Just before Christmas I experienced my first trip as part of the StyleWARS prize. What better place to go on a fashion expedition in search of all things cool and inspirational for the visual and creative team at Oasis. What we managed to see in four days was nothing short of spectacular. With aching legs from all the walking between Manhattans ridiculously lazily named neighbourhoods (TriBeca, NoHo, Nolita and so forth), we soldiered on, cameras in hand, on the hunt for creative stores throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn. I'm here to bring you the best of those stores.....

My top stores for those lucky enough to escape to the concrete jungle in 2011 are:

Bird 
203 Grand Street
Williamsburg, BK
NY 11211

An ecclectic mix of mens and womens fashion pieces from some well known and some underground designers - a gem of a find and a beautiful shop too.  





Life:Curated
186 Grand St,
Williamsburg, BK
NY 11211

To find so many amazingly edgy shops within the one area wasn't easy, but they are out there. Head to Williamsburg, it still has that raw Brooklyn vibe thing going on. Life:Curated stocked so much stuff that I wanted that I found it hard to leave. My favourite piece was a quited leather t-shirt with oversize sleeves. Take my word for it, fabulous!




Fille De Joie
197 Grand St,
Williamsburg, BK,
NY NY 11211


Look at the image below of the owner opening her shop - she must LOVE going to work everyday. Inside she has a brilliant collection of designer vintage clothing, everything from Versace jewellery to Gucci medicine bags - you name it, she has it. My find was in the sale section of the basement - a vintage japanese fur-lined aviator hard hat. I loved it so much that I just had to buy it. The price tag - a bargain $40. I love it even more now that I've discovered it doubles as a Russian top-hat. Chi-Ching!






more to follow......


Kiss Kiss, Bam Bam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment