Wednesday, October 20, 2010

All aboard the Fashion Bus!

Wednesday, 6th October

Time to hit Dundrum Town Centre to shoot the Xpose piece for the Oasis Fashion Bus with Lisa Cannon. A unique experience awaited the public on board the bus, with free style tips talks and tips on the new seasons collections by yours truely. However it didn't stop at style, there was also free hair and make-up consultations with industry professionals. So with the clothes rails ready to go and a brilliant selection of outfits for the coming days I had time to get an insight into the hair and make regime for the fashion bus journey. Hairdressing expert and funnyman Michael Doyle (who has tended the locks of Naomi Campbell and Christy Turlington) from Peter Mark was on hand to give hair and colour advice and the occasional up-do. That's upstyle for those outside of the sticks! The make up was carried out by a young team from Loreal.

With Models Laura and Iseult ready to rock the new season collection, it was time for the shoot! Take a look at the snippet from the first day on board the fashion bus!

www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=27825&locID=1.65.68&page=1 


 Thursday, October 7th

It was an extra start for all on board the Oasis Fashion Bus. 1st Stop - St Stephens Green and the early morning press breakfast, an introduction to the the new Oasis range, then time to hop on board for some style advice and makeovers from the Peter Mark and Loreal teams. With a huge press interest on the day it wasn't long before the people were forming a queue to hop on board for their individual style experience and whats more, a fabulous goody bag. Everyone loves a good goody bag!





Friday, October 8th

The bus moved on to Dundrum Town Centre and the public came out in their droves to sample the fashion and makeovers on board. My on the hour style talks, turned out to be taking place every twenty minutes and unbeknownst to myself (haha - friends will laugh), I discovered I had the gift of the gab. My jaws were sore! In between the fashion bus and all the mentalness, I was trying desperatly to secure my apartment over in London. It was proving to be more hassle than it was worth. Hollie, the agent was becoming a pain in the snatch and I was no more in the humour, so when she rang to say we couldn't have the apartment until Monday, |I roared down the phone and told her she was dead when I got to London. Only half of Dundrum heard me though, so it was grand!


Saturday. October 9th 

Time to go the sticks, Cork again; via the most horrible train journey ever. I swear sometimes it's more like a small town than a city. I would be bet around if I said that to them down there but hey.... I SAID IT! The looks were hilarious. Who is that man in the skinny rust colour jeans and silk cream and black striped shirt? He's weird... (",). People actually gasped. Too funny! But on board the bus it was all fun and frolics. Really busy with people hopping on board to get a piece of the action and the odd snap with myself and Lisa 'Oasis' Cannon!


Me and Iseult on board the Oasis Fashion Bus..


Myself, Lisa Cannon, Ian Galvin and Michael Doyle - the Superteam!


Monday, 11th October

After a great night out with friends in the Sycamore on Sunday night, listening to some of my favourite tracks and thinking about what I'd miss when I got back to London it was time to go back home. It still sounds weird. London is home now. Really? Hmmmm.... Anyway if it wasn't bad enough that I was leaving Dublin and my family and friends behind, things got even worse when I got to the airport. The little bitch at the boarding gate thought she had nothin better to do than make me fit my bag into the skinny blue thing (i'd swear that gets thinner by the week, it must be on the poxy Atkins). Anyway long story short - I was charged for my bag and in the height of it I shot her a look at which point i'm sure she thought "I should have just let him on". If looks could kill, the horror would be dead. Although on reflection she's probably just trying to up her rating so she makes next years tarty calender! God loves a tryer. ;-) Never AGAIN!

Back in London and first night in the new pad - at last. My own place. Empty as it may be and not a duvet in sight, I loved it. Thank God for that turkey jumper!

Over n Out.

D (",)

No comments:

Post a Comment